Please refer here, for map, travel information & directions.
Fuel & Charging
The nearest fuel station is The Old Bridge Garage in Carrbridge which is open until 7pm. There are others in Aviemore and Grantown-on-Spey. Auto gas (LPG) is available at Dulnain Bridge Garage.
Electric charging points are available at Boat of Garten Community Hall (22kW), Burnfield Avenue Car Park in Grantown-on-Spey (43/50kW) and Grampian Road Car Park (43/50kW) in Aviemore. There is also a Tesla Supercharger site (120/150kW) at the rear of the Macdonald Hotels Complex in Aviemore.
For further electric charging point information: chargeplacescotland.org
For additional useful information regarding electric car ownership, charging points and statistics, head on over and have a read through of the guide by Autotrader. Thanks to “6XDMEDIA” for pointing out this fantastic collection of information.
Local Post Office services located on Deshar Road, Boat of Garten between 1896 Gallery & The Boat Country Inn & Restaurant. Opening times Monday – Saturday 07.00 – 18.00 and currently open Sunday 9.00 – 14.00.
Three further Post Offices can be accessed at:
- Aviemore: Myrtlefield Shopping Centre.
- Grantown-on-Spey: High Street. (Actual name of the road)
- Nethybridge: Spar, Dell Road.
A wide choice of goods is available at the Post Office (fully licensed), offering fresh fruit and veg, local cheeses, meat and a selection of interesting breads and rolls.
There are Tesco, Aldi and Co-op supermarkets in Aviemore and two further Co-op’s in Grantown-on-Spey.
The nearest butchers are Bailliefurth Farm Shop in Nethybridge and Cairngorm Butchers in Grantown-on-Spey.
A fresh fish van calls through the village on Wednesday lunchtimes and the Post Office will take your order if you are out for the day.
Carter’s Fish and Chip van calls in Boat of Garten on Thursday from 16.30. (Contact: 07713 643009 for details)
- Andersons Restaurant: Deshar Road, Boat of Garten PH24 3BN (01479 831466)
- The Boat Country Inn & Restaurant: Deshar Road, Boat of Garten PH24 3BH (01479 831258)
- View Restaurant at JB’s: Golf & Tennis Club, Nethybridge Road, Boat of Garten PH24 3BQ (01479 831731)
- Further dining facilities are available in Aviemore, Carrbridge and Grantown.
Accommodation & Activities
There is a computer and photocopier at the rear of the Post Office.
The Boat of Garten Post Office offers access to certain facilities of multiple banks, including; Bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland, Co-Op, NatWest, Lloyds, TSB, HSBC, Barclays, Halifax, Virgin Money, the Bank of Ireland and others listed here:
Post Office: Everyday Banking
Post Office facilities are available whenever the main store is open. (Refer above for times).
Locally the Bank of Scotland is in Aviemore (01479 810288). Main bank branches can be found in Inverness.
Boat of Garten is on the Aviemore-Grantown-on-Spey/Inverness bus route 37/x37. See up-to-date timetable information displayed at the Post Office or search online for Stagecoach.
Libraries Located at:
- Aviemore Community Centre: Muirton, Aviemore PH22 1SF (01479 813141)
- Grantown-on-Spey Library: Library, The Courthouse, The Square, Grantown-on-Spey PH26 3HF (01349 781630).
- The Mobile Library is due in Boat of Garten on alternate Mondays 10.00 – 11.20 at three different locations and at Drumuillie 11.25 – 11.35. (Currently services are Suspended until further notice)
Aviemore Medical Practice and Health Centre (01479 810258) is now located in the new community hospital.
Grantown-on-Spey Medical Practice (01479 872484) is at Castle Road East, Grantown-on-Spey, PH26 3HR.
- There are defibrillators mounted at the front of the 1896 gallery and at the front of the Boat of Garten Community Hall for use in an emergency.
The main hospital for the area is Raigmore in Inverness. (01463 704000)
A new community hospital has recently opened in Aviemore. Badenoch & Strathspey Community Hospital is at Cairnview Road, Aviemore, PH22 1AJ, accessed off Dalfaber Drive. (01479 810258)
Pharmacies, Health & Beauty
There are pharmacies located at:
- Boots | 7-8, Myrtlefield Shopping Centre, Grampian Road, Aviemore PH22 1RH (01479 810259)
- Superdrug | Unit 6, Retail Park, Aviemore PH22 1RH (01479 810737)
- Lloyds Pharmacy | 69 High Street, Grantown-on-Spey PH26 3EG (01479 872006)
- Aviemore Dental & Implant Clinic, Craig-na-Gower Avenue, Aviemore (01479 810301)
- Your Perfect Smile Dental Clinic, Morlich House, The Square, Grantown-on-Spey (01479 872107)
Strathspey Veterinary Centre: (01479 872252)
- 4 Forest Road, Grantown PH26 3JJ
- 2 Granish Way, Dalfaber Drive, Aviemore PH22 1UQ
- VisitScotland Aviemore iCentre: 7 Grampian Road, Aviemore PH22 1RH (01479 810930)
- Nethy Bridge Visitor Centre: Dell Road, Nethy Bridge PH25 3DG (01479 821701)
- Grantown Museum: Burnfield House, Burnfield Avenue, Grantown-on-Spey PH26 3HH (01479 872478)
- Church of Scotland in Boat Of Garten, Kincardine & Duthil Carrbridge – The Reverend Graham Atkinson (01479 831252)
- Scottish Episcopal Church, St John’s, Rothiemurchus and St Columba’s, Grantown on Spey – (Contact: 01479 831272 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roman Catholic Church, Grampian Road, Aviemore or St Anne’s, Grantown-on-Spey – Father D McCulloch (01479 810229)
Green general refuse bins and blue recycling bins are alternately emptied on Wednesday. Brown garden bins are emptied fortnightly on Mondays, March – November. (Contact Highland Council: 01349 886603 for detailed information)
Bottles & Textiles/Fabrics disposal is available at the end of the village along Deshar Road, between Craigie Avenue & Pinewood Road. The cycle path 7 goes past this point.
Household waste disposal is available at Aviemore Recycling Centre at Granish, Aviemore (Monday-Saturday, check opening hours online) & Achnagonalin Industrial Estate, Grantown-on-Spey, (limited opening hours, check online). (Contact Highland Council: 01349 886603 for detailed information)