Boat of Garten is easily accessible from the A9, with nearby connections for bus, rail and air travel. The village lies six miles north east of Aviemore, between the B970 and the A95.
- By road
- From the south (Edinburgh & Perth) Travelling north from Perth on the A9, turn right off the A9 at the Grantown on Spey / Carrbridge junction (A95) north of Aviemore. Follow the signs for Boat of Garten.
- From the north (Inverness) Travelling south from Inverness on the A9, turn left off the A9 at the Carrbridge / Grantown on Spey junction. Drive through Carrbridge and carry on to the T-junction at the A95. Turn left and take the next right to Boat of Garten.
- By bike: Sustrans Route 7 comes through Boat of Garten.
- On foot: The Speyside Way comes through Boat of Garten.
- By air: Inverness Airport Airlines flying to Inverness:
- By bus to Aviemore:
- By rail to Aviemore:
- By steam train
- From Aviemore or Broomhill, along the Strathspey Steam Railway
- Buses go to Boat of Garten from Aviemore, Grantown and Inverness
- Stagecoach timetable