The village lies six miles north east of Aviemore, between the B970 and the A95.
- By road
- From the south (Edinburgh & Perth) Travelling north from Perth on the A9, turn right off the A9 at the Grantown on Spey / Carrbridge junction (A95) north of Aviemore. Follow the signs for Boat of Garten.
- From the north (Inverness) Travelling south from Inverness on the A9, turn left off the A9 at the Carrbridge / Grantown on Spey junction. Drive through Carrbridge and carry on to the T-junction at the A95. Turn left and take the next right to Boat of Garten.
- By bike: Sustrans Route 7 comes through Boat of Garten.
- On foot: The Speyside Way comes through Boat of Garten.
- By air: Inverness Airport Airlines flying to Inverness:
- By bus to Aviemore:
- By rail to Aviemore:
- By steam train
- From Aviemore or Broomhill, along the Strathspey Steam Railway
- Buses go to Boat of Garten from Aviemore, Grantown and Inverness
- Stagecoach timetable